Back in the days we used phone books and printed maps. Today, we just use our smartphones and google it! It is therefore important, that your business is listed on Google Search and Google Maps. If not, customers can’t find you and therefore you don’t exist.
Check if your Business is listed on Google
- Check your listing on Google – just google your business.
- Is your business listed? Continue with 2. Otherwise go to ‘Add your Business to Google’ below.
- If your business is listed and not yet claimed by you, make sure you claim it as your business. Look for either ‘Own this Business’ or “Claim this Business’ and click on it.
- On the next page you can then click on ‘Manage now’ to:
– update your business’ listing with opening hours, phone number, website, etc
– to reply to customer reviews and more!
- On the next page select a verification option and follow the on-screen steps.
- Continue reading the last paragraph on how to ‘Manage your Business’
Add your Business to Google for free
Your business is not yet listed? No problem.
Take charge of what people see when they do a local search for your business. Google My Business gives you the tools to update your Business Profile and engage with your customers from your phone, tablet and computer. All for free.
Your Business Profile appears right when people are searching for your business or businesses like yours on Google Search and Maps.
Go to https://www.google.com/business/ and click on “Start Now’ to register your business. Enter your details and follow the steps on the screen.
Manage your Business
Once you own your business on Google you will be able to update all your information. Google My Business makes it easy to create and update your Business Profile—so you can stand out, and bring customers in.
Need to adjust your hours for the holidays? Or add a new phone number? Make changes in a few easy steps with Google My Business, and your Business Profile will update across Search and Maps.
Draw in new customers with photos of your products or services—pictures show what’s unique about your business, and you can add as many as you like.
Encourage loyalty by starting a conversation. Reviews are now a two-way conversation between you and your customers—be the first to know when you get a new review so you can respond right away, to positive and negative reviews.
Keep your customers updated by sharing what’s new. Reach beyond just your followers—give everyone searching for your business a reason to come in by posting updates and offers directly to your Business Profile on Google.